As a BSc Hons Sport and Exercise Science graduate (1st Class), as well as a Level 2 Gym Instructor, Level 3 Personal Trainer and British Cycling qualified coach, I have a wide range of qualifications and expertise which will allow me to work with riders across the full spectrum of training areas – both on and off the bike. I plan to take on a limited number of coaching clients to ensure that I can give everyone I work with sufficient attention and focus. I want to work closely with athletes to help them realise their potential and achieve their goals. By customising your on-bike training, off-bike training and specific nutrition requirements, I can make sure that all these elements are properly integrated so that they complement each other effectively in order to maximise your training benefits.
My degree studies have given me a scientific understanding of performance physiology, athlete psychology, sports performance nutrition, exercise biomechanics and exercise programming. Being able to compete at your best on the bike is a combination of how you train, how you recover and how you eat/fuel, whilst also making sure that your body and mind are functioning at their optimum level off the bike. Without proper focus on all of these important areas, performance on the bike will always be compromised.
Through the additional vocational qualifications I have gained, I have further developed my ability to apply the theoretical knowledge to individual athletes at a practical level. I can develop exercise programs that will not only allow for the greatest training benefits and adaptations but also take into consideration other factors such as athlete psychology, tailored nutrition, and fitting training in around work and other life commitments without compromising either.
I have been racing for the last seven years, starting as a complete amateur with no prior sporting experience and then spending the last 5 years as an Elite level rider culminating in two years as a professional on a UCI team. This time and effort spent progressing through the ranks as a coached athlete has also helped me to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of how coaching works in practice from the perspective of an athlete.
As a coach myself, I want to get the very best out of the athletes I work with but I also want them to enjoy what they do. I believe that the knowledge and experience I have accumulated over the years, combined with my academic and professional qualifications, puts me in an ideal position to work with you in order to achieve your goals. My degree has given me the theoretical knowledge I need to develop the best athletes possible; the additional vocational courses have taught me how best to apply this knowledge. Combined with the experience of my journey from being a complete amateur to spending the last two years as a professional cyclist, all this has given me an in-depth understanding of how these theories and applications come together and work in practice.
What I offer (with flexibility to tailor to individual needs for bespoke packages at different price points):
- Previous training analysis.
- Goal and needs analysis.
- Weekly personalised training plans (with edits if required due to unforeseen circumstances).
- Optimised nutrition guidance for around and during training sessions.
- Lifestyle-specific nutrition advice.
- Off-bike strength and conditioning program based around individual needs.
- Unlimited contact with coach within reason.
- Weekly phone calls.
- Psychological strategies to improve confidence, reduce anxiety and maximise performance.
- Specific event nutrition plan.
- Pre-race prep-talk.
- Post-race analysis talk.
- Event specific plans which can be started between 4 -12 weeks before the event.
- No long term contract, start and finish as and when you want to.
- Prices start from £100 per month
- Depending on your location (and subject to COVID restrictions) I can do guided gym sessions with you.
- Ride with coach so that I can look at factors such as bike handling and bunch riding.
- Nutritional recommendations for daily consumption and meal guidance based around goals/training phase.
- Full dietary analysis.
Contact details: +44 7949 486584 or email@example.com